"The world is a dangerous place, not because of
those who do evil, but because of those who look on

and do nothing".


- Albert Einstein



Thursday, May 17, 2012

Habitats for Piggies

Cover Photo


Hey - It's been Forever since I posted here. Facebook kinda took the place of the blog for sharing pig-related stuff. I really should figure out how to make them work together ...

In the meantime, if you're on FB, check out Habitats for Piggies - a page run by long-time pig advocate Ted Koran, with the mission to "provide resources and assistance for the sheltering and needs of piggies". There you will find ideas for building shelters for pigs of all sizes, ranging from simple, low-cost structures to much more elaborate abodes. Plus a good dose of advocacy and news from pig sanctuaries. Definitely worth following!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cee & Dee Frolicking in the Snow

Here are my two big pigs, Cee and Dee, enjoying the mild morning. This is their winter pen - small in size, but handier to their winter pen - which has easiera ccess for me feeding, plus more level footing for them.  Cee has had a sore R carpal joint this winter - 4 cycles of Bute seems to have cleared it up, but frolicks like these sometimes make a her a bit tender. Can`t begrudge her the pkay time, tho!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Razorbug Car

UA Office of Admissions Kicks Off 2005-06 Year with Introduction of the ‘Razorbug’


Beginning this academic year, recruiters with the University of Arkansas’s Office of Admissions will travel the state in style and “Call the Hogs” along the way, thanks to a gift from Jim Jard Volkswagen in Rogers. During the past six months, that gift, a 2002 Volkswagen Beetle valued at $15,500, has been transformed into a rolling Arkansas Razorback, the first of its kind.

http://dailyheadlines.uark.edu/5134.htm

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Flatulent pig sparks gas leak scare

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6669425/Flatulent-pig-sparks-gas-leak-scare.html

By Tom Chivers
Published: 11:37AM GMT 27 Nov 2009
Telegraph.co.uk


The farmer in Axedale, a town in Victoria in the south-east of the country, called the emergency services after believing he had smelled gas.

But when the fire crews arrived, they found the real culprit – a 260lb sow the family's children kept as a pet.

“We could not only smell it, but we heard it and it was quite funny."

He added: "She got very excited when two trucks and 15 firies turned up and she squealed and farted and squealed and farted.

"I haven't heard too many pigs fart but I would describe it as very full-on."

However, despite the false alarm, Mr Harkins said the farmer had done the right thing by calling 000 (the Australian equivalent of 999). He told The Melbourne Herald Sun: "It's all bottled gas up here and a leaking cylinder could pose a major fire risk.

"It was because we took it so seriously that 15 volunteers still managed to attend the call out at 10.30 on Tuesday night."

Piglet Alive And Well Thanks To "Mouth to Snout" CPR

Some Pig! A Heartwarming Tail of Pig Friendship

A cute article about a friendhip among pigs.

Great post on Paw Nation!

Pig Video Arcades Critique Life in the Pen

Pig Video Arcades Critique Life in the Pen

My pigs - past & present

Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.