"The world is a dangerous place, not because of
those who do evil, but because of those who look on

and do nothing".


- Albert Einstein




Monday, July 16, 2007

Kind Words on Daisy's Blog ...

Some feedback on the Blog (Thanks, Pris!)
-------------------------------------------------

Allison, I love your , entertaining, educating, enriching and inspirational site... Certainly one that a person should visit often, again and again.

And the weight "thermometer" guage for Daisy is great!

The fattest pig I ever saw was in our own state. At first, I had no idea what kind of animal it was because you could not see the snout, eyes, or ears. It was a mass of wrinkles with a straight tail. No seeable anus or vulva (like Daisy) but a pig where you could not recognize a snout or mouth? The ears were almost pushed closed, and were totally forward with a ridge of fat burying them. It was all encased in rolls of black fat rolls.

It was a young pig, but died shortly later of what they suspect was a heart attack. A pet shop had tried to rescue her (I could not tell WHAT sex it was). I would say "she" was only 6-9 mos! All it could do was lie , with a pathetic squeak....nothing more. We were told it was free fed with farm hogs!

I wish (I guess) I had taken a picture. Probably an older pig would have died before its features were totally enveloped like that. But it is great to hear about Daisy, and see her progress..

Bless you,

Pris

No comments:

GoVeg.com

My pigs - past & present

Free Veg Starter Kit
Powered by WebRing.

Powered by WebRing.