"The world is a dangerous place, not because of
those who do evil, but because of those who look on

and do nothing".


- Albert Einstein




Friday, July 20, 2007

Post-Neuter Update

The boys seem fine after the Trauma of Neuter Day (yeah, right!). When they got home, they were still a bit groggy, so they ploughed under their hay and slept it off (after eating and drinking - fasting is no fun!).

By yesterday morning, they seemed back to normal ...

Last night, I went and sat in their pen for a while, having realized I hadn't really taken the time yet to socialize them. They were understandably spooky, but I fed them, and periodically added a grape to the feed tub - and they quickly caught on that this hand delivered yummy grapes. By the end of the half-hour or so, they were touching my hand ... Will continue with this approach for a while until they get used to me.

Pinky seems quite interested in them ... though they don't quite share a common pen wall, they are only about 4 feet away ... and much talking back and forth goes on. I hope they all get along when the time comes.

My Small Animal Building (rabbits, chickens, GPs and pigs (Pinky & boys) got a bit fuller this week - our local OSPCA had a fire and had to evacuate. Thankfully no animals hurt (or people!). I now have 5 extra rabbits and 2 extra GPs on semi-permanent foster. So, am busy rearranging rabbit pens (I refuse to keep rabbits in cages, and try to give them each at least 4x4 feet (more for pairs) in floor pens with shavings, hay, shelter, etc.)

Daisy is doing great ... her skin is really starting to sag as the weight comes off! I watched her arrange her nest for a while this am ... she seems quite particular about it all. So funny!

Will take more pics this w/e.

No comments:

GoVeg.com

My pigs - past & present

Free Veg Starter Kit
Powered by WebRing.

Powered by WebRing.